API Platform Admin is a tool to automatically create a beautiful (Material Design) and fully-featured administration interface
for any API supporting the Hydra Core Vocabulary, exposing an OpenAPI documentation
or other API specification formats supported by
API Platform Admin is the perfect companion of APIs created using the API Platform framework, but also supports APIs written with any other programming language or framework as long as they expose a standard Hydra API documentation or an OpenAPI documentation.
API Platform Admin is a 100% standalone Single-Page-Application written in TypeScript with no coupling to the server part, according to the API-first paradigm.
API Platform Admin parses the API documentation then uses the awesome React Admin library to expose a nice, responsive, management interface (Create-Retrieve-Update-Delete) for all documented resource types.
- Automatically generates an admin interface for all the resources of the API thanks to the hypermedia features of Hydra or to the OpenAPI documentation
- Generates 'list', 'create', 'show', and 'edit' screens, as well as a delete button
- Generates suitable inputs and fields according to the API doc (e.g. number HTML input for numbers, checkbox for booleans, selectbox for relationships...)
- Generates suitable inputs and fields according to Schema.org types if available (e.g. email field for
- Handles relationships
- Supports pagination
- Supports filters and ordering
- Automatically validates whether a field is mandatory client-side according to the API description
- Sends proper HTTP requests to the API and decodes them using Hydra and JSON-LD formats if available
- Nicely displays server-side errors (e.g. advanced validation)
- Supports real-time updates with Mercure
- All the features provided by React-admin can also be used
- 100% customizable
Sep 15,16 2022: new edition of our conference dedicated to API Platform and its ecosystem!