API Platform Core is an easy to use and powerful library to create hypermedia-driven REST APIs. It is a component of the API Platform framework. It can be used standalone or with the Symfony framework (recommended).
Build a working and fully featured CRUD API in minutes. Leverage the awesome features of the tool to develop complex and high performance API first projects.
If you are starting a new project, the easiest way to get API Platform up is to install the API Platform Distribution.
Here is the fully featured REST API you'll get in minutes:
- Automatic CRUD
- Hypermedia (JSON-LD and HAL)
- Machine-readable documentation of the API in the Hydra and Swagger/Open API formats, guessed from PHPDoc, Serializer, Validator and Doctrine ORM metadata
- Nice human-readable documentation built with Swagger UI and including a sandbox
- A bunch of filters
- Validation using the Symfony Validator Component (with groups support)
- Advanced authentication and authorization rules
- Errors serialization (Hydra and the RFC 7807 are supported)
- Advanced serialization thanks to the Symfony Serializer Component (groups support, relation embedding, max depth...)
- Automatic routes registration
- Automatic entrypoint generation giving access to all resources
- JWT and OAuth support
- Files and
\DateTimeand serialization and deserialization
- FOSUserBundle integration (user management)
Everything is fully customizable through a powerful event system and strong OOP.
This bundle is extensively tested (unit and functional). The
Fixtures/ directory) contains a working app covering all features of the library.
- (english) API Platform 2.1 Feature Walkthrough: Create Blazing Fast Hypermedia APIs, Generate JS Apps
- (english) Discovering API Platform v2
- (english) Create API-First Web Apps with API Platform, a PHP Framework
- (french) Tour d'horizon des changements dans API Platform v2
- (french) A la découverte de API Platform (Symfony Live Paris 2015)
- (french) API-first et Linked Data avec Symfony (sfPot Lille 2015)