API Platform follows the Semantic Versioning strategy. A new minor version is released every six months, and a new major version is released every two years, along with a last minor version on the previous major one with the same features and an upgrade path.
- version 3.0 has been released on 15 September, 2022;
- version 3.1 will be released on March, 2023;
- version 3.2 will be released on September, 2023;
- version 3.3 will be released on March, 2024;
- versions 3.4 and 4.0 will be released on September, 2024.
Only 3 versions are maintained at the same time:
- stable (currently the 2.7 branch): regular bug fixes are integrated in this version
- old-stable (currently 2.6 branch): security fixes are integrated in this version, regular bug fixes are not backported in it
- development (main branch): new features target this branch
Older versions (1.x, 2.0...) are not maintained. If you still use them, you must upgrade as soon as possible.
The old-stable branch is merged in the stable branch on a regular basis to propagate security fixes. The stable branch is merged in the development branch on a regular basis to propagate security and regular bug fixes.
New versions of API Platform are released when they are ready, on the behalf of the API Platform Core Team.
Sep 15,16 2022: new edition of our conference dedicated to API Platform and its ecosystem!